[R-sig-Geo] gdal19.dll is missing from your computer

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 20:55:44 CET 2014

Hi, it's actually not an error.  The message is there to be explicit about
the details of exactly what installed GDAL is used, which has been very
helpful in the past for solving problems like your gdal19.dll one. It's
less complicated on Windows if you use the CRAN binary, but on other
systems or on other types of Windows builds it's extremely handy to have
that information readily.

You can keep the peace with:

 suppressPackageStartupMessages(library(rgdal))

or

suppressMessages(library(rgdal))

Cheers, Mike.