[R-sig-Geo] gdal19.dll is missing from your computer

Rutherford Platt rplatt at gettysburg.edu
Thu Dec 18 16:44:54 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm a relatively new user, so bear with me.

I'm using a Windows 7 computer and R 3.1.   I wrote some scripts back in August that worked perfectly.  Now, when the script reaches 'require(rgdal)' I get several error messages in a row that say: "The program can't start because gdal19.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

I then get the following output:
rgdal: version: 0.8-16, (SVN revision 498)
Geospatial Data Abstraction Library extensions to R successfully loaded
Loaded GDAL runtime: GDAL 1.11.0, released 2014/04/16
Path to GDAL shared files: C:/Users/rplatt.GETTYSBURG/Documents/R/win-library/3.1/rgdal/gdal
GDAL does not use iconv for recoding strings.
Loaded PROJ.4 runtime: Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012, [PJ_VERSION: 480]
Path to PROJ.4 shared files: C:/Users/rplatt.GETTYSBURG/Documents/R/win-library/3.1/rgdal/proj

It seems like rgdal may have successfully installed, so why do I get all these error messages?  And how can I get rid of them?

Thanks!