[R-sig-Geo] Spatiotemporal analysis of real estate market data

Felinto COSTA incorpld at onda.com.br
Thu Aug 28 20:56:36 CEST 2014

Hello all.

I graduated in 1985 ( in engineering ) and this year I'm
about to finish my graduate studies ( geostatistic ).

My field of work  is related to real estate market and I think spatio-temporal statistics  would be very interesting to analyze land prices evolution in different points of my city over time.

Specifically I'm focusing in suitable models that consider simultaneously the spatial distribution of land price and its variability over the last 15 years,  in order to use them to predict unsampled points ( in time and space ) and to plot isovalues surfaces of different time periods ( as snapshots ).

My sample consists of more 3.500 points dispersed ( in time and space ), collected over 15 years of real estate transactions, having UTMX, UTMY ( as coordinates ), V ( land value per square meter ) and D ( date in MM/DD/YYY - from 1999 to 2014 ).

There are some R packages that seem to be adequate to this purpose, but I'm a little confused in establishing the basics of an workflow for the analysis.

Appreciate any help.

Com os melhores cumprimentos

INCORP Londrina/PR
Felinto COSTA, engº