[R-sig-Geo] RGEOS error

Baldwin, Jim -FS jbaldwin at fs.fed.us
Wed Aug 27 18:21:47 CEST 2014

When you also simultaneously post the question elsewhere (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25531430/rgeos-error-when-using-gunaryunion), please note that to both lists.

And that post has more useful information included than the post to this list:

    Just for dissolving I use the rgeos package with gUnaryUnion. But I get this error :No UnaryUnion in this version of GEOS.
    I remove the package and install it again but I get the same error. Is it linked to my version of R or something else? This my code:

         require("rgeos")
         summary(utah) #
         regional= gUnaryUnion(utah,utah$region)

    Thank you in advance.