[R-sig-Geo] +no_uoff flag in proj4string, epsg 26931

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Aug 13 14:51:27 CEST 2014

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Dave Gregovich wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Gregovich, Dave P (DFG) wrote:
>
> Thanks kindly Roger.
> I would like to note, for those who may be considering this issue, that a
> a prior version of rgdal retained the +no_uoff flag. The version is detailed
> below:

The problem appears to be in PROJ.4, introduced possibly in 4.8 (not
checked in earlier versions). Because spTransform was trying to be
careful, it was expanding the projection arguments through pj_get_def().
In pj_get_def(), the +no_uoff and +no_off parameters are seen as unused
and not returned - I've added a code example to the proj trac report 128
to attempt to get it fixed.

In rgdal revision 508 I've added a temporary work-around to put +no_uoff
or +no_off back into the projection parameters if pj_get_def() removes
them, tried with PROJ.4 4.8.0 and trunk. If you can install rgdal from
source from R-forge: https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/?group_id=884,
please do so and try with a recent PROJ.4. If you would prefer a tarball
for a source install, or a Windows binary, please ask. There are other
pending revisions in this version, so it isn't yet ready for release, but
your feedback on this particular issue would be helpful.

Best wishes,

Roger