[R-sig-Geo] histogram matching of cloud masked Landsat 8 messages

sarah crabbe sarah_crabbe at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 17:45:24 CEST 2014

Dear all,

We are trying to apply a histogram matching on cloudmasked landsat 8 images, with the intention to fill the clouds.
Therefore we want to use the package "Landsat"

We tried to import two bands with the package "raster":

image1<-raster("LC82280562013211LGN00_B1.tif")
image2<-raster("LC82280562013227LGN00_B1.tif")

whereafter we try to apply a histogram matching with the landsat package:

histmatch(image1, image2, minval=0, maxval= 65535, by=1)

And we get following error:

Error in as.vector(data) :
no method for coercing this S4 class to a vector

This might be easy to solve, but we just started to learn how to work with R for image processing, So could we please get some advice on this..
Many thanks
Sarah