[R-sig-Geo] spatio-temporal simultaneous autoregression model

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Aug 6 10:30:33 CEST 2014

On Wed, 6 Aug 2014, stevenhuyi wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> It seems that there is no specific R package to implement the space-time SAR
> model. I happend to find an article entitled "Spatio-temporal regression
> models for deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon" (literature information:
> STDM 2011, The International Symposium on Spatial-Temporal Analysis and Data
> Mining, University College London - 18th-20th July 2011), in which
> spatio-temporal SAR models were implemented by package spautolm.

spautolm is a function in the spdep package, and fits cross-sectional
simultaneous autoregressive models. Its use with the spatial weights
matrix multiplied by Kronecker product corresponds to the use of the splm
package to fit a spatial panel error model. Try that package and its
accompanying JSS paper if your space-time data are balanced.

Roger