[R-sig-Geo] Subset of a 0-360 Raster* object astride the Greenwich Meridian

Pascal Oettli kridox at ymail.com
Thu Apr 3 05:39:37 CEST 2014

Dear list members,

I am generally working with Raster* objects that has longitude from 0
to 360. And I am always facing a problem when I try to get a subset
these objects, when the cropping region is astride the Greenwich
Meridian.

One way is to create 2 subsets, west and east of the Greenwich
Meridian, then stack these subsets together. Another way is to rotate
the original Raster* object, then create the subset.

I am wondering whether a more clever/efficient way exists, allowing
direct cropping.

Best Regards,
Pascal Oettli

--