[R-sig-Geo] Aggregate raster

Dutrieux, Loic loic.dutrieux at wur.nl
Thu Oct 31 10:45:56 CET 2013

Hi Noelia,

The fact= arguments needs to be an integer.
You probably need to reproject anyway, right? So what about aggregating to something close to your 0.16 degree and then reproject to exactly 0.16667 degree resolution (using nearest neighbour resampling). Take a look at the new gdalUtils package (https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=1695) for the reprojecting step; probably the gdalwarp function.

# Aggregate
rnew<-aggregate(rprevious, fact=6, fun=modal)
# Reproject using gdalwarp

Best regards,

--
Loïc Dutrieux