[R-sig-Geo] Getting started with geostatistics in R

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 4 18:10:46 CET 2013

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013, Mark Payne wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good entry-level reference on
> Geostatistics, particularly with an R flavour. I've read Roger Bivand's
> ASDAR book, and found it very useful, but I struggled a lot with the later
> chapters that came down to the actual nuts and bolts of geostatistics - it
> felt like I was missing a lot of the required knowledge. Can anyone
> recommend a good primer to fill in the gaps?

Mark,

   A book I bought and read many years ago was my introduction to
geostatistics: "Geostatistics for Natural Resource Evaluation" by Pierre
Goovaerts. Published by Oxford Univ. Press in 1997.

HTH,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |