[R-sig-Geo] Getting started with geostatistics in R

Mark Payne markpayneatwork at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 17:28:55 CET 2013

Dear R-sig-geo-ers,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good entry-level reference
on Geostatistics, particularly with an R flavour. I've read Roger
Bivand's ASDAR book, and found it very useful, but I struggled a lot
with the later chapters that came down to the actual nuts and bolts of
geostatistics - it felt like I was missing a lot of the required
knowledge. Can anyone recommend a good primer to fill in the gaps?

Best wishes,

Mark