[R-sig-Geo] RSAGA and a custom module

Alexander Brenning alexander.brenning at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 21 14:19:07 CET 2013

Hi Ludwig,

RSAGA functions - including rsaga.get.usage and rsaga.get.modules - use the saga_cmd command line interface to access modules. So if saga_cmd was able to see your module, so should RSAGA. Is it possible that your module isn't fully integrated into saga_cmd? If that's the case, you may want to discuss this issue in one of the forums on the SAGA GIS sourceforge project website
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/

On the other hand, rsaga.get.libraries actually just lists the names of all .dll files located in the (default or specified) modules folder. So if your library is not included in that list, maybe your folder settings are incorrect? Most RSAGA functions take an 'env' argument, which is a list that is populated through a call to rsaga.env(); you may specify a 'modules' path in the rsaga.env call. Similarly, rsaga.get.libraries takes an optional 'path' argument that specifies where to search for libraries.

I hope this helps
  Alex