[R-sig-Geo] create a 3d shapefile ?

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 10:19:43 CET 2013

Actually my current need is writing aerial waypoints as gpx files with
x,y,z to be used in the field with a gps program
(ie. oruxmaps) for an android tablet.
I do create the waypoints in R (as I plan the campaign with R), so my
problem is not reading 3d shapefiles, but writing the 3d waypoints
either to gpx directly
or to shapefile and then convert to gpx with i.e. gpsbabel.
My understanding is that rgdal/sp cirrently support reading 3d
shapefiles but not actually writing 3d spatial points DF

Agus