[R-sig-Geo] xvalid or similar with krige.bayes()

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at c3sl.ufpr.br
Wed Mar 13 18:37:57 CET 2013

Well this is not that straightfoward (or uniquely defined)
since you need to specify what would
be the "point prediction" in the Bayesian kriging.
The posterior mean is a candidate, but not uniquely defined.
Besides the analysis will be quite timing consuming
when running krige.bayes() for each of the location left aside

I personally would go for other measures of fit
but if you realy find CV within the Bayesian approach you can write
a simple loop call to the leaving-one-out

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
LEG (Laboratorio de Estatistica e Geoinformacao)
Universidade Federal do Parana
Caixa Postal 19.081
CEP 81.531-990
Curitiba, PR  -  Brasil