[R-sig-Geo] NetCDF to Brick

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 10:50:47 CEST 2013

this is hard to generalize for something like raster (though no doubt
the authors will get to it eventually), I would suggest just using
ncdf4, RNetCDF, or ncdf packages to open, read and manipulate this
more directly in R. It's not difficult and you could report back your
pathway to raster objects to inspire others.

(I prefer RNetCDF only because I'm more familiar with it, but since
raster uses ncdf or preferentially ncdf4 it's probably best to start
there).