[R-sig-Geo] Is it possible to merge togheter different ENFA results?

Mathieu Basille basille.web at ase-research.org
Tue Jun 25 20:55:26 CEST 2013

Dear Michela,

I'm not quite sure to understand what you really intend to do. I can see
that you performed individual ENFAs for each of your study site. This is
fair, although you might be interested in the OMI for that multi-niche
comparison (see ?niche in package ade4, and reference [1]).

But now, you want to perform a MADIFA on top of this? It does not make
sense to me... Here, I'm really not sure what you want to do.

Finally, a single analysis for the 3 sites at once might also make sense,
and this is largely feasible with R. It will need a little bit of tweaking
though. All you have to do is to combine the results after the extraction
of the environmental characteristics and the vector of presence (before the
PCA).

Hope this helps,
Mathieu Basille.

[1] Doledec, S.; Chessel, D. & Gimaret Carpentier, C. (2000) Niche
separation in community analysis: A new method. Ecology, 81: 2914-2927 doi
10.1890/0012-9658(2000)081[2914:NSICAA]2.0.CO;2

--

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard