[R-sig-Geo] SEM model : system is singular

erwin ew66 at gmx.at
Thu Jul 4 11:38:08 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have to do a spatial model for my master thesis. If I do a SEM or SAR
model i get the message:

Fehler in solve.default(asyvar, tol = tol.solve) :
  System ist für den Rechner singulär: reziproke Konditionszahl =
3.61856e-20

In other posts i have read that the reason could be multicollinearity. I
have tested it with vif but all factors were below 2. I have also tried to
add random numbers like suggested in another post but i got the same error
message.

If i do an SAR with another method like "Matrix_J" i get the following error
message:

Fehler in as_dsTMatrix_listw(get("listw", envir = env)) :
  odd neighbours sum

So i don't get results at any type of model. I have a 2380*2380 weighting
matrix could the size be a problem?

Thank you very much in advance

erwin