[R-sig-Geo] dismo:::gmap - how to obtain a 1:1 plot

Ivailo ubuntero.9161 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 07:17:28 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Robert J. Hijmans <r.hijmans at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ivailo,
>
> You make it very hard to help you because you do not provide a
> reproducible example. I do not know what TIFF file you refer to
> (probably a .gif file?). The get a better looking plot, you may want
> to try something like:
>
> libary(dismo)
> g <- gmap('Reykyavik')
> plot(g, interpolate=TRUE, maxpixels=10^8)
>
> Robert

Thank you for the response, Robert!

Of course I mean the temporary .gif file. Here is the one I got from
the Reykyavik example you suggested: http://i.imgur.com/M39o5Lg.gif

Plotting `g` without any arguments as in

png("reykyavik.png")
g <- gmap('Reykyavik')
plot(g)
dev.off()

results in the following: http://i.imgur.com/2l0bgb0.png

The code from your example produces http://i.imgur.com/3whIsfw.png
which is clearly looking better, but I was wondering if I can get a
plot identical to the very tile (http://i.imgur.com/M39o5Lg.gif) the
plots are based on.

Cheers,
Ivailo
--
UBUNTU: a person is a person through other persons.