[R-sig-Geo] what's new in asdar latest edition?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Jul 2 21:16:28 CEST 2013

On Mon, 1 Jul 2013, Edzer Pebesma wrote:

> Mathieu,
>
> The second edition of "Applied Spatial Data Analysis with R" (asdar2)
> seems to be shipping now, and contains the following changes to chapters:
> - ch 6, "Classes for spatio-temporal Data", replaces the old ch 6,
> "Customising spatial data classes and methods". The old ch 6 is now a
> vignette in sp:
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/sp/vignettes/csdacm.pdf
> - ch 7, "Spatial Point Pattern Analysis", pays, compared to the first
> edition, more attention to package spatstat
> - ch 9, Modelling Areal Data is a merge of the old ch 9, "Areal data
> and spatial correlation" and ch 10, "Modelling areal data"
> - Chapter 10 (former 11) has been expanded to include recent
> developments in Bayesian modelling, including BayesX and R-INLA
> packages, and new examples. Spatio-temporal models for disease mapping
> are described now as well.

The book website, http://www.asdar-book.org, now has the second edition
code, code+data bundles, and errata. We'd be grateful for reports on
mistakes and things that don't work to add to the errata, so that
users/readers can keep running smoothly. We don't yet have the code for
INLA, WinBUGS or GRASS up yet - to follow.

Roger