[R-sig-Geo] Need help with spatial data plotting

EPBaron ephraim at epbaron.com
Thu Feb 14 10:06:58 CET 2013

Thank you Roman.  I had already looked at the plotKML tutorial.  I found the
examples fascinating, but I'm afraid it made me feel even more illiterate
than when I started.  In essence, it told me how to build an elegant watch
when I'm just trying to tell what time it is.  Or, to use the language
analogy, it introduced me to poetry when all I can understand is simple
sentences.  The code that seemed most relevant to what I'm trying to do
baffles me:
data(eberg)coordinates(eberg) <- ~X+Yproj4string(eberg) <-
CRS("+init=epsg:31467")eberg <-
eberg[runif(nrow(eberg))<.2,]bubble(eberg["CLYMHT_A"])plotKML(eberg["CLYMHT_A"])