[R-sig-Geo] Log-normal block krige

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at c3sl.ufpr.br
Tue Feb 5 12:41:57 CET 2013

Indeed geoR does not have it in an automated way.
(conditional) simulations can be obtained but then this
computations on blocks would be a sort of post-processing
along the lines Edzer describes.
I'm a bit unsure of the worth of implementing this step
for a sufficient flexiblke set of definitions of blocks and
shapes of the areas...

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013, Edzer Pebesma wrote:

> Javier,
>
> simulation is relatively easy: simulate point support fields on a fine
> grid, take the exponent of everything, compute the block mean of each
> simulation (e.g. using sp::aggregate), and take the statistics of the
> block means for each block. (There is just not yet a simple function
> doing this for you. Or does geoR have this?)
>
> if you want to avoid simulation, you might want to take a look at the
> constrainedKriging package:
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/constrainedKriging/index.html
>

> On 02/05/2013 11:30 AM, Javier Elio wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am trying to calculate the average value in a study area. I carried out
> the sampling according to a grid, and the data are lognormal. I would like to
> do with block krige (ordinary krige), I do the block krige with logarithms
> but I don't know how to back-transforming.
>>
>> I read Cressie 2006, but I don't know how to do in gstat (or other package,
> I aslo try constrainedKriging). I use krigeTg to back-transforming the
> predictions and for gaussian simulations, but as I know it can't be used for
> block krige.
>>
>> Please, can anyone help me?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Javier de Elío Medina
>> Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
>> Escuela de Ingenieros de Minas

> Edzer Pebesma
> Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi), University of Münster
> Weseler Straße 253, 48151 Münster, Germany. Phone: +49 251
> 8333081, Fax: +49 251 8339763  http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de
> http://www.52north.org/geostatistics      e.pebesma at wwu.de

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
LEG (Laboratorio de Estatistica e Geoinformacao)
Universidade Federal do Parana
Caixa Postal 19.081
CEP 81.531-990
Curitiba, PR  -  Brasil