[R-sig-Geo] data.frame methods for maxlike and maxent

Tim Howard tghoward at gw.dec.state.ny.us
Fri Aug 9 13:42:39 CEST 2013

You can create the model using data contained in a data.frame but then -- because you are creating a species distribution model - you still need the raster stack to actually run the prediction and make the map representing the model. And your raster stack still needs to have those environmental variables, even if you are dealing with seasonal data and time is another factor. Perhaps I'm not understanding your scenario.

At any rate, the SDM vignette that comes with dismo shows you how to use randomPoints to extract the values from a raster stack to a data.frame, which you then can use to create your model. (page 26 in here: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/dismo/vignettes/sdm.pdf ).  Is that what you are asking?

Tim