[R-sig-Geo] data.frame methods for maxlike and maxent

Gerardo Martin gerardommc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 12:11:22 CEST 2013

Hi all. I'm trying to implement some species distribution models with my
data sets. Because of the nature of the organisms i'm working with I
need specifically to fit models with data contained in a data.frame
instead of providing the x,y locations to be sampled from a rasterStack.
Firstly i've found one way of doing it with dismo's maxent
implementation, by providing a vector with 1's ans 0's, 0 values
correspond to values extracted with randomPonints. However, I haven't
found a way of providing the data.fame as background data, instead of
pseudoabsences as described.
Secondly, I also want to fit a maxlike model, but haven't found if
there's a data.frame method. Like I said, I can't do it with the
traditional rasterStack method, because the information to fit the model
is seasonal.

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards

Gerardo