[R-sig-Geo] cross-variograms and relationship strength

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Mon Sep 24 14:56:50 CEST 2012

If you want to think "direct" correlation, you'd have to compare the
semivariance function values and cross variogram value at short lag
distances. If you consider the sills at a larger lag distance, it is
spatial cross correlation: how strongly is variable A at location x
related to variable B at location x+h? Zero cross semivariances indicate
zero spatial cross correlation, positive ones positive correlation and
then there's the Cauchy-Schwarz inequality at both boundaries.