[R-sig-Geo] cross-variograms and relationship strength

Michael Hewson m.hewson at uq.edu.au
Thu Sep 20 01:40:42 CEST 2012

Please excuse this basic question - I'm a bit befuddled.

If I have two cross-variograms - both with the same two variables.
Both sill at about the same range.
One has a higher cross-semivariance value at that range.
Does that mean it has a "stronger" relationship - in a correlation sense? Or does the greater value for cross-semivariance indicate more "variance" hence less strength? Or can one not make any judgement on relationship strength from the cross-semivariance sill?

Michael Hewson | PhD candidate
Climate Research Group<http://www.gpem.uq.edu.au/crg> | Biophysical Remote Sensing Group<http://www.gpem.uq.edu.au/brg>
The University of Queensland | Brisbane Q 4072 Australia
+61(0)408379373 | m.hewson at uq.edu.au<mailto:m.hewson at uq.edu.au>
[cid:image003.png at 01CD9713.FFFDD350]