[R-sig-Geo] R Geo interact with Web Browser?

sylvain willart sylvain.willart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:14:56 CEST 2012

A colleague and I did that (acutally I just helped a little bit)
What he did was he installed a PostgreSQL server, with PostGIS
extension, and PL/R for the calculus made in R.
Spatial datasets (from Open Street Maps and Google API) are stored in
PostGIS, and analysed with R, then a map is produced using MapServer,
I would recommand you the book "PostGIS in a nutshell" which very well
describes the process (the authors also have a website with tutos)
hope it helps,

Sylvain