[R-sig-Geo] GWR bandwidth and performance metric

satellite12 irenealabia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 05:39:21 CEST 2012

Hi, I wanted to try GWR and I'm confused on the definition of bandwidth.
Which will be better to use fixed or the adaptive one?

Also, is there a way to compute for the deviance explained by the model just
like the one's we get when we do GAM? I want to compare the two based on
this metric. Or better yet, are there other metrics to evaluate performance
between these two model types?

Thank you very much for any insight on this.

Cheers,
Irene