[R-sig-Geo] plotKML tutorials for creating a times series from rasters?

nikos ves vesnikos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 00:17:10 CEST 2012

An update :

After some experiments, I have created a rasterbrick with 55 layers.
( By stitching 55 geotif's into a vrt using gdal [$gdalbuildvrt
-separate -o tmp.vrt *.tif])

mBrick = brick("/path/to/vrt")

Afterwards when I was trying to create the ts
 the the following command

package(lubridate)

 dates_mBrink_end =  dates_mBrink + months(1)

mBrick_ts <- new("RasterBrickTimeSeries",variable = "mVariable",rasters
= mBrick,TimeSpan.begin = dates_mBrick, TimeSpan.end=(dates_mBrick_end
+months(1)))

it gives me this error:

"Error in validObject(.Object) :
  invalid class “RasterBrickTimeSeries” object: Length of the
'TimeSpan.begin' and 'TimeSpan.end' slots and the total number of
rasters do not match"

Obviously because  of the error, I checked and the layers, dates_mBrink
and dates_mBrink_lenght are equal to (55).

Anyone who can give me any pointers on what I am missing here? Is it
because im using a vrt as input?

Kind Regards,

Nick Ves