[R-sig-Geo] Azimuthal equidistant projection and rgdal

Johan Mazel johan.mazel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 09:00:40 CET 2012

Here is the code that I am using and the result.
The problem on the result is that, on the fourth and last page, it
looks like some parts of the map are not located where they are
supposed to be (Australia is thus right next to Canada).

My only modification is that I removed the xlim and ylim parameters in
the line "dta <- map("world", xlim=c(-120, -60), ylim=c(0,90),
plot=FALSE)" in the original script. It obviously has a impact on the
final output but I can`t figure out what is happening.

Thanks for your time.
Regards.
Johan