[R-sig-Geo] rgdal package for mac

Gabriele Cozzi gab.cozzi at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:05:47 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I am having issues installing the package "rgdal" on a Mac OS X (Lion).

# install.packages("rgdal")

actually says that there is no available package for R 2.15.0 (the
version I am using at the moment). Yet I can successfully load the rgdal
package on my old PC (also running R 2.15.0). Does it means rgdal is not
implemented for mac? I find it hard to believe.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Gabriele

Gabriele Cozzi

Institute of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
Zurich University
Winterthurerstr. 190
8057 Zurich - Switzerland
E-mail: gabriele.cozzi at uzh.ch