[R-sig-Geo] Extracting minimum convex polygons of species distributions

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:13:09 CET 2012

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:56:45 -0500
Jaime Burbano Girón <jaimebg27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Louise, I have calculated minimum convex polygons with "calc_mcp"
> function from package "aspace", but I think this function is not
> longer available, so I attach my script using it, where the function
> is written.
>
> An other tool that I have used is the Hawth's Analysis Tools
> extension for ArcGIS:
> http://www.spatialecology.com/htools/tooldesc.php

Hawth's tools page states:

"[Dec 09] HawthsTools is now formally discontinued. The new software
that replaces and improves upon Hawthstools is called the Geospatial
Modelling Environment (http://www.spatialecology.com/gme/index.htm) "

GME uses R in the background but is not (yet) under a open license.

Best,
Anne