[R-sig-Geo] semivariogram calculation - discrepancy between gls and gstat

aletsia83 aletsia83 at yahoo.it
Mon Jul 9 21:46:31 CEST 2012

Hello.

First of all I'd like to thank you both for posting about this topic. I
helped me a lot to understand how the Variogram function works.

Nevertheless, I still have some problems with my data. When I run the
Variogram function on my mixed-effect model, the plot I get shows some
points above the variance=1 threshold. The points actually go all the way to
1.2 (value on the y axis). Any idea of why this is happening?

Alessia Uboni
aletsia83 at yahoo.it