[R-sig-Geo] Surface Interpolation method for DEM point retrived by Terrestrial Laser Scanning after a outlier removing procedure

gianni lavaredo gianni.lavaredo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:54:52 CEST 2012

Dear Researchers,

I wrote a code in R to processing around 1.2 GB of laser data derived by a
Terrestrial Laser Scanning in a forested area. There are few techniques to
derive a DEM from the ground points. One is create a grid of 0.5 x 0.5 m
and give for each pixel the minimum Z value of the points inside the voxel
(0.5 x 0.5 m by the Hmax of vegetation). Normally,  In this ground points
there are a component of outlier. The normal techniques proposed are:

[image: Inline image 1]

1. remove manually
2. special filter based on the angle of neighboured points
3 . RANSAC

 I used locoutNeighbor of library(mvoutlie) with good result using these
set parametrs:

Myres <-
locoutNeighbor(as.matrix(ppZmin.df.clean$z),ppZmin.df.clean$x,ppZmin.df.clean$y,
    variant="knn",
    usemax=1,
    chisqqu=0.999,
    propneighb=1,npoints=nrow(ppZmin.df.clean))

I just make some try yesterday night

[image: Inline image 2]

I am interest to comapre on my data more Outlier removing techniques and
any suggest is really appreciate

Thanks in advance
Gianni