[R-sig-Geo] simulate correlated random walks within boundaries

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Wed Feb 8 18:04:12 CET 2012

Dear Javier,

You may have a look at the functions 'NMs.CRW' and 'NMs.randomCRW' in the
package 'adehabitatLT'. Please check the vignette of the package, section 5
(this is quite long, but really worth it), with emphasis on 5.3 and 5.7:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/adehabitatLT/vignettes/adehabitatLT.pdf

Hope it helps,
Mathieu.

Le 08/02/2012 11:31, Javier Perez-Barberia a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone know an R function to simulate correlated random walks within
> the boundaries of a polygon.
>
> Sorry everyone if this question was in the archives, but I couldn't find it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Javier
>
> Dr. Javier Perez-Barberia
>
> Senior scientist
>
> The James Hutton Institute
>
> Craigiebuckler
>
> Aberdeen AB15 8QH
>
> Scotland UK
>
> Tel: +44 (0) 1224 395 221 (direct)
>
> Tel: +44 (0) 844 928 5428 (switchboard)
>
> Fax: +44 (0) 844 928 5429
>

> _www.hutton.ac.uk <http://www.hutton.ac.uk/>_
>
> __

> This email is from The James Hutton Institute (JHI), however the views
> expressed by the sender are not necessarily the views of JHI and its
> subsidiaries. This email and any attachments are confidential and are
> intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, copy,
> disclose or rely on any information contained in this email, and we would
> ask you to contact the sender immediately and delete the email from your
> system. Although JHI has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
> viruses are present in this email, neither the Institute nor the sender
> accepts any responsibility for any viruses, and it is your responsibility to
> scan the email and any attachments.
>
> The James Hutton Institute is a Scottish charitable company limited by
> guarantee.
> Registered in Edinburgh No. SC374831
> Registered Office: The James Hutton Institute, Invergowrie Dundee DD2 5DA.
> Charity No. SC041796

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, Post-Doc

~$ locate
Laboratoire d'Écologie Comportementale et de Conservation de la Faune
+ Centre d'Étude de la Forêt
Département de Biologie
Université Laval, Québec

~$ info
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
``If you can't win by reason, go for volume.''
Calvin, by Bill Watterson.