[R-sig-Geo] presence-only data analysis

Jess Chandler jchandler at emiconsulting.com
Thu Dec 6 19:29:46 CET 2012

SH,

What you are looking at sounds like a hazard rate analysis (but with only
location and a dummy variable). You can define a set of neighbor counties
and presence for those counties (or set of counties) as another variable.
You will then have

Outbreak risk = a(presence) + b(location-maybe) + c(neighbor)

Which model in R that you use will depend upon whether you have time
series data.

Jess