[R-sig-Geo] layering data with different projection (or no prj)

Alok K Bohara, PhD bohara at unm.edu
Fri Aug 31 17:52:48 CEST 2012

I am learning to layer different shape files.  In particular one
shapefile --with point patterns-- does not have any projection info (it
says NULL).  The other State county file has projection info. Both data
come from the same state (New Mexico).  I can plot both separately.

!. "County"
Prj:    +proj=utm +zone=13 +datum=NAD83 +units=m +no_defs +ellps=GRS80
+towgs84=0,0,0

2. "Disease" (for example --it does not fahe .prj file)

Prj:  NULL

Is there anyway I could  layer 2 onto 1?  Thanks.

Alok  Bohara
UNM