[R-sig-Geo] Bayesian Estimates for 1st-order Spatial Autoregressive Model

Eelke Folmer e.o.folmer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:17:34 CEST 2012

Op 8/8/2012 11:57 PM, Roger Bivand schreef:
> On Tue, 7 Aug 2012, CARTIER, ADRIAN AW (AG/1000) wrote:
>
>> Greetings:
>>

>> I am a relatively new user to R. I was wondering if anyone is familiar
>> with MATLAB's far_g() function.  If yes, is there an R equivalent to
>> this?  I would like to have the ability to input as my observation
>> vector continuous values. I noticed that there was something close in
>> R, sar_probit_mcmc(), but I can only use a binary vector as my
>> observation vector.
>>

> There is an on-going GSoC project to port some of the Matlab Spatial
> Econometrics toolbox MCMC code to R - early work on R-Forge, project
> spdep2. This is alpha/pre-alpha code at present, with no working package
> as yet. I'm sure the GSoC student would be grateful for helpful feedback.
>
> Roger

Nice to hear about this development. I still have data that I did not
analyze properly because the sampler in the the Econometrics spatial
toolbox choked on them (which might have occurred due to my own
mistakes). I'm happy to do some testing with some of my own data once
there is working code.
Eelke