[R-sig-Geo] [RGoogleMaps] PlotOnStaticMap does not show Google's map though GetMap.bbox fetches PNG ok.

Mikhail Titov mlt at gmx.us
Tue Apr 24 20:30:49 CEST 2012

Hello!

I wonder if someone else have noticed that. I saw a post on stackoverflow [1], which is kind of the same issue as I’m having. GetMap saves good looking PNG. However it doesn’t appear underneath lines that are plotted with PlotOnStaticMap. I had R 2.14.2 when I’ve noticed that, and, even after upgrading to 2.15.0, I still don’t see original map underneath my lines. The code used to work before. I wonder if something has changed. I’m running the code on _Windows XP_. Examples from package behave in a similar way :(

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8323800/rgooglemaps-not-plotting-data-over-the-map

Mikhail