[R-sig-Geo] geoR: krigeing, predict on other coordinates with a parametric trend

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at c3sl.ufpr.br
Wed Sep 14 15:24:13 CEST 2011

Dear Sara

1. I guess you mean krige.conv() and not kriging.conv()
2. you should be able to simplify the following call if $covariate is an
element of the geodata (geo)
> trend1<-trend.spatial("1st", geo,
    add=~bauland+baulandsq+ostw+tour+alq)

3. The problem you are encotering is in the use of trend.d and trend.l
In the former you provido covariate values measured **at data locations**
and for the later **at prediction** locations
When you define a trend you are including covariates in the model.
In order to run predictions from the firtted model you need to have the
covariate values at the coorinates of the prediction locations.

In other words, trend.l is the same trend you used in likfit() and have
dimesion of the data
trend.l is another obhect with the variables as trend.l wowever with
dimension of the prediction locations (argument locations)