[R-sig-Geo] Fwd: Re: Problem creating raster brick (Lyndon Estes)

Swen Meyer s.meyer at lmu.de
Mon Nov 21 12:24:32 CET 2011

Dear Lydon,
I also had some trouble with stacking Layers in the  Raster package. Try
to use a 32 bit version of R. Sounds weired but in my case the stacking
with the Raster package was much faster using the Raster Package on a 32
bit - R Version. This is what Robert Hijmans once wrote me when I had
some trouble with the Raster Stacking:
"
Thanks that is very good to know. raster checks if the data can all be
processed in memory, and if so, does that (up to a point), for better
speed. There is a limit set by maxmemory. See

showOptions()

Perhaps setting maxmemory to a lower value

e.g.,

setOptions(maxmemory=1e+08)"

Hope this will help you.
Greetings,