[R-sig-Geo] Advice on Citation for geoR

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Tue May 31 07:43:15 CEST 2011

G'day,

I am just checking - the citation('geoR') command returns :

  @Article{,
    title = {geo{R}: a package for geostatistical analysis},
    author = {Paulo J. Ribeiro Jr and Peter J. Diggle},
    journal = {R-NEWS},
    year = {2001},
    month = {June},
    volume = {1},
    number = {2},
    pages = {14--18},
    note = {ISSN 1609-3631},
    url = {http://CRAN.R-project.org/doc/Rnews/},
  }

whereas rgdal returns :

  @Manual{,
    title = {rgdal: Bindings for the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library},
    author = {Timothy H. Keitt and Roger Bivand and Edzer Pebesma and Barry Rowlingson},
    year = {2010},
    note = {R package version 0.6-33},
    url = {http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=rgdal},
  }

Using the article citation is fine, but I haven't read the R-news article, and feel that the manual pages for geoR are probably more up to date... and the information in the R-news article may be somewhat outdated.

From an academic perspective, am I bette to cite the manual using a similar style to rgdal?

cheers

Ben