[R-sig-Geo] Ripley's K-function and CSR/CSRT test for Very Large Dataset

ruocco ruocco at idi.ntnu.no
Thu May 26 10:21:23 CEST 2011

Hi,
i am trying to apply the CSR and CSRT test, in a case-control context.
The size of control data is ~400.000 points. I have then a set of case
data (around 500 and i want to verify, for each one, the interaction
between the case and control data) and the size of these data vary from
100 to 4000 events.

I am using the ripley k-function and the test statistic
D(h)/sqrt(var(D)), for each distance h in the range.

The problem is that i should use Monte Carlo hypothesis testing to
obtain the p-value, but with this size of control data the
computational cost is prohibitive.

Are there other types of tests, less computationally expensive to
verify the null hypothesis applying the ripley's K-function on very
large dataset?

Regards

Massimiliano Ruocco
PhD Student
Department of Computer and Information Science (IDI), NTNU
Office: 260 IT-bygget
Phone:(+47) 735 94168
Email:ruocco at idi.ntnu.no
Website: http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~ruocco/