[R-sig-Geo] WGS 84 coordinates and the use of Euclidean calculations for short distances--is it ever okay?

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Sat May 21 05:09:13 CEST 2011

Choosing a projection has its own new set of complications that are
even trickier. If you want to keep it simple and work in Lon lat see
?spDistsN1 in the sp package to calculate distance on the WGS4
ellipsoid.

Mike

--
Michael Sumner
Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies, University of Tasmania
e-mail: mdsumner at gmail.com