[R-sig-Geo] rgdal installation problem

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue May 3 19:21:54 CEST 2011

On Tue, 3 May 2011, Robin W Hunnewell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you - or any other mac users who've been successful installing rgdal -
> elaborate how you did it?

Usually, OSX users say setRepositories(ind=1:2) to install from CRAN and
CRAN extras, where OSX binaries for R 2.13 are provided by Prof. Brian
Ripley. The direct URL is:

http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.13/

This has static GDAL and standard drivers. Kyngchaos now also has an R
2.13 binary, which depends on the frameworks also provided there - it was
added recently at user request, and provides a larger number of drivers.

Roger