[R-sig-Geo] Kernel density plot on a US map

vioravis vioravis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:46:24 CET 2011

Hi Ashton,

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for!!

It works fine with the test data you have created but when I try it with the
actual data it throws the following error:

Error in `marks<-.ppp`(`*tmp*`, value = c(51L, 14L, 26L, 2L, 108L, 40L,  :
  number of points != number of marks
In addition: Warning message:
In ppp(X[, 1], X[, 2], window = win, check = check) :
  7 points were rejected as lying outside the specified window

Could you please let me know what is causing this error???

Also, could you please let me know the interpretation of smooth.ppp plot.

Thank you.

Ravi