[R-sig-Geo] Map digitization and classification

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 01:44:29 CET 2011

I had another look and the georegistration should be pretty accurate
since there are so many grid lines.

I missed that the first time. If the images need significant warping
to get them regular again you could use control points with the GDAL
command line tools, which is probably easier than doing that in R. You
could still use R to generate the control points with locator though.
They might be good enough just with very simple registration though
(corner point and pixel scale).

Cheers, Mike.

e-mail: mdsumner at gmail.com