[R-sig-Geo] R2 values from SSErr fit.variogram attribute

Sébastien Durand v8extra at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 04:18:42 CET 2011

Hello Dr. Pebesma and all other 1989 readers...

Believe me, I would have been much happier, if I could comprehend this tiny little detail that you refer to as :

> It looks quite OK; I suspect however that instead of using
> mean(s.v$gamma) for SSTot, for this mean the same weighting scheme
> should have been used.

I still do not understand what you mean by that.  I am very sorry for that and yes I now feel stupid, sincerely I am doing my best to graps very old notions.

In my function, it is the weighted residual that are squared, that part is ok, but now you are telling me that I am not using to proper "mean" reference, that in fact the "same weighting scheme should be used on that ... ???  Did you meant "mean(vario$gamma)*weig" ???

I would like to receive an explanation for this?

Please indulge me and show me the way, how should I correct my code..

Sincerely!

The other software is GS+

S.