[R-sig-Geo] package to query Google for latitude and longitude for a given ZIP code

Andrew Yee yee at post.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 8 18:03:10 CET 2011

Hi, I was wondering if someone could direct me to a package that would
allow you to query Google (or any other resource) for the latitude and
longitude of a ZIP code.

While I'm aware of the zipcode package, there are certain ZIP codes
that are not in the database (e.g. areas that are serviced by PO
boxes, e.g. 03861).

I was thinking that Google could be helpful for retrieving this kind
of information and was hoping that there's a package that handles
these kinds of queries.

Thanks,
Andrew