[R-sig-Geo] Kernels in spatstat for lines

Zev Ross zev at zevross.com
Mon Jun 20 21:05:10 CEST 2011

Hi All,

Sorry, I thought I'd try my question one more time, hoping that someone
could give me some guidance. I'm wondering if anyone has used alternate
kernel functions in  density.psp from spatstat. The generic density
function from stats allows for the use of several different kernel
functions  (triangular, biweight etc). I'm interested in applying kernel
density  estimation to lines (a road network) which density.psp is
well-suited  for, but that function is limited to the Gaussian kernel.

Has anyone developed code to do this or can anyone provide guidance?

Thank you in advance, Zev

--
Zev Ross
ZevRoss Spatial Analysis