[R-sig-Geo] NetCDF file size

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 01:28:33 CEST 2011

Please post the code you use to create the file. There are a number of
possibilities for why the file size may not have changed, but frankly
I expect you have just created a file with the original dimensions.

Your description is at least inconsistent in reporting the size here:

> dimension for the data is 240 x 120 x 1460, where 240 is DimX, 120 is DimY
> and 2920 is Time Dimension. I want to take only 4 observations from this

There's no point in us speculating in what your code might be doing
when you could share it with us and we would know exactly.

Cheers, Mike.